Thursday, November 26, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

As I am writing the rough draft of my paper, I'm reminded of how grateful I am for this opportunity. It's been such a great experience and I look forward to continuing my research on Covid-19 and vaccinations. 

This week I've taken some time to understand the workings of mRNA vaccines and the approval of the Ebola vaccine. Looking at the timeframe it took to study and approve the Ebola vaccine has given me some insight into what we can expect with the Covid-19 vaccine. Research was conducted through all 3 phases within a year. The approval process itself took several years and had to be approved by foreign agencies prior to usage within many African countries. Trials began October 2014 and a vaccine was approved for use in December of 2019. 

I still need to finish the last of my rough draft and get some feedback on a few details since research was primarily done through peer reviewed articles.

Here is an image of the SARS-CoV-2 virus:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Connecting with a Mentor/Ncuire

 Hello All- What a busy/productive semester this has been! I think this is probably the most studying I've had to do for any of my class...