Friday, April 22, 2022

Wellness & Self-Care

Hello!

We're nearing the end of the semester! It's been an incredible first semester at ASU West and I'm so excited to continue my educational journey! Over the course of the spring semester, we've had discussions around wellness and ways in which we self-care. Mental wellness is big for me and I've learned the best way to take care of that is by taking breaks while studying. As much as I want to believe I can study and do homework for hours at a time, the information doesn't really stick with me. Studying in smaller increments and with other people typically helps me learn the material. When studying with others, I quickly learn what topics I'm not well-versed in as I have a difficult time explaining it.

The second piece of self-care that has been important to me has been a healthy diet and exercise. I've gotten better this semester about consistently squeezing in gym time between classes or before classes and it's helped me feel better about my health. I also started eating better and bringing snacks with me to school to help me get through the day without getting snack foods at Starbucks or eating at the cafeteria. 

Good luck to everyone on their finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connecting with a Mentor/Ncuire

 Hello All- What a busy/productive semester this has been! I think this is probably the most studying I've had to do for any of my class...