Sunday, February 12, 2023

Professional Identity

 Hi All!


This week we had Dakota from Career and Professional Services come in to talk about networking and building a professional identity. I have to admit, I have not put much work into my LinkedIn profile and updating it has seemed like quite the chore. BUT...building a professional identity using LinkedIn is a great way to create a community of connections that may help in finding a career. One of the things that stood out to me that Dakota mentioned was having a well rounded profile. We want to use LinkedIn as much as we would any other social media. If I'm going to dedicate time and energy to a social media app, it may as well be something that has a positive end goal. I created a short bio about myself, updated my headline, and followed a bunch of LinkedIn pages of potential companies that I would want to work for. The next step for me will be reaching out to people that work for some of those businesses and attempting to make connections. I have one semester left after the current semester and I'd like to start connecting with people and opportunities within the science field to increase my odds of finding a career after graduation. I think getting a jumpstart on LinkedIn and networking during your last year at University is a great idea and will set all of us up for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connecting with a Mentor/Ncuire

 Hello All- What a busy/productive semester this has been! I think this is probably the most studying I've had to do for any of my class...