Thursday, October 22, 2020

Introduction

Hello All,

My name is Brian Ballantyne and I am attending school full-time at Phoenix College, majoring in Biology. I am interested in studying Microbiology, the study of bacteria and viruses. I am conducting research on the current SARS-CoV-2 pandemic that has been affecting the world and the viability of a vaccine in the near future.

I moved to Phoenix my sophomore year of high school from a small town in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. I enjoy biking, rock climbing, road trips and eating. One of my favorite places to eat is Welcome Diner. The fried chicken biscuit with gravy is easily the best dish they serve (see "Big Jim" in the photo below).

I am grateful for the opportunity to take part in the S-STEM/TRAIN program and am excited to get to work!




1 comment:

  1. Hi Brian! Welcome to the program. Your research is so important, I can not wait to hear more about it! You want to know something crazy? I live like a four minute walk from welcome dinner, used to be like a two minute walk, but I have never been there. I have lived by it for almost 6 years and I always say Im going to try it but something else always pulls me away.

    ReplyDelete

Connecting with a Mentor/Ncuire

 Hello All- What a busy/productive semester this has been! I think this is probably the most studying I've had to do for any of my class...