Thursday, February 11, 2021

Spring 2021 Semester

 Hello All-


Hope you all had a great winter break. It didn't feel like long enough! While on break I did a lot of hiking, eating and relaxing. I hiked Devil's Bridge in Sedona over the break and loved it. Sedona has such amazing hiking trails! (Attached is a photo from Devil's Bridge)

This semester, I am wanting to change gears a bit and focus on something environmental. A few ideas I discussed with Matt and Josh were contamination in urban ponds and the damage the great pacific garbage patch has on the local ecosystem. I'm hoping to gather some additional information and begin thinking of a research question to address the impact on the ecosystem. 

Excited to be back and looking forward to working with you all again!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Brian! Nice to meet you virtually. I like your topic. I have watched some videos that sea animals are suffering from the massive amount of plastics that are dumped into the ocean. The Pacific Ocean is enormous and borders many countries. Unfortunately, there are many contributors causing this problem. I hope your research goes on well this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian, what were your final results on the vaccine project? I think your new idea is also very relevant. Great photo btw. I too felt that break was way too short, but I am glad you got to enjoy some of it up in beautiful Sedona though.

    ReplyDelete

Connecting with a Mentor/Ncuire

 Hello All- What a busy/productive semester this has been! I think this is probably the most studying I've had to do for any of my class...