Thursday, March 11, 2021

First site visit! Week of 3/7/21

Hope everyone's week has been well! I am excited for Spring Break as it will give me a chance to go to a few locations to survey the types of trash present. This week I went to the canal off of 7th avenue and Campbell avenue to survey the types of trash in the canal. 

9 water bottles
1 cigarrette pack
2 shoes
1 backpack
1 Clorox bleach bottle
2 grocery bag
1 chip bag
9 styrofoam pieces
1 paper cup
6 aluminum cans
1 steel can
3 glass bottles
3 plastic containers

My hypothesis needs to be adjusted to reflect the physical data gathering. I'm hypothesizing that one time use plastics will be the primary source of waste present in waterways. Based off my initial data gathering, it appears that hypothesis will be correct. I will be returning to the same site bi-weekly. Below is a sample of one-time use plastics.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Connecting with a Mentor/Ncuire

 Hello All- What a busy/productive semester this has been! I think this is probably the most studying I've had to do for any of my class...