Thursday, October 7, 2021

Testing BPA Free Products

 Hi All!


I finally feel like I'm getting a better understanding of my project this semester! I've been a little stressed about narrowing my research down to a specific topic. I've found some research on products labeled "BPA Free" still containing BPA. Some of the products being touted as "BPA Free" still contain some form of Bisphenol which seems like it defeats the purpose of making a "BPA Free" product. I'm going to test products that are labeled "BPA Free" by placing the item in just-boiled water for 5 minutes, swab the item with a swab that has been dipped in alcohol, place swab in indicator, and measure results. I suspect temperature will affect leeching of chemicals in each product. Looking forward to what the results will be!

Procedure to test for BPA:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Connecting with a Mentor/Ncuire

 Hello All- What a busy/productive semester this has been! I think this is probably the most studying I've had to do for any of my class...