Thursday, September 9, 2021

Microplastics in the environment

Hi All-

Hope the semester is going great for everyone! It’s been fairly stressful and a lot of work in each of my classes so far. I started reviewing articles on the effects of plastics on ocean life. Plastic never fully decomposes in the environment. It continues to break d own into smaller pieces called mircoplastics and then further into nanoplastics. These pieces get ingested by marine life and can kill/harm animals and the ecosystem in which they live. 

I’m also curious to the effects of microplastics on humans and if/how the plastic from ocean/river is transferred through the food web. 

The size of microplastics:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Connecting with a Mentor/Ncuire

 Hello All- What a busy/productive semester this has been! I think this is probably the most studying I've had to do for any of my class...