Thursday, October 21, 2021

Variables in Experiment

 Hey All-


Hope your week is going well! I've been taking most of the week to study for my Organic Chemistry Midterm. It's been a lot to digest and not really my strongest subject! 

I've looked at bit more at how I will run my experiment and decided I'll be using UV rays (sunlight) to determine if plastics will leech BPA chemicals while in direct sunlight. I'll test each item prior to placing it in the sun, then leave it in direct sunlight for several weeks before testing it again to see if BPA leached from the item. I chose to use UV Rays as the independent variable to test whether or not it has a prominent effect on chemical leaching. I also recently found a tracker that tells how much UV exposure Phoenix gets on any given day so I can include that in my results as well. I attached a screenshot of what it looks like:

(Source: https://s.theweathernetwork.com/us/forecasts/uv/arizona/phoenix)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Connecting with a Mentor/Ncuire

 Hello All- What a busy/productive semester this has been! I think this is probably the most studying I've had to do for any of my class...