Thursday, May 13, 2021

Final Research Paper!

 Hey All!

What a semester! Working on this project has been great! I've had the opportunity to change my waste footprint and learn more about environmental pollution. I feel like I've only scratched the surface with the amount of research and data I've collected but it feels great to work towards change that is tangible. In the process of researching plastic pollution, I also discovered a process called pyrolysis which is the thermal degradation of organic materials in the absence of oxygen. It can be used in the conversion of non-recyclable plastics into clean energy (Zafar, 2020). Hopefully we continue to find new ways to recycle, reuse or reduce our waste footprint to provide a cleaner future. The photo below is the pyrolysis process.

Congrats to everyone on finishing their research!


Souce: https://www.bioenergyconsult.com/pyrolysis-of-municipal-waste/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connecting with a Mentor/Ncuire

 Hello All- What a busy/productive semester this has been! I think this is probably the most studying I've had to do for any of my class...